Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My kids might like school too much. & seminary

Today Mason woke up and was extremely ornery. He fought to get dressed, sank down to the floor when he needed to go potty, kicked me half a dozen times when trying to get his shoes on, you get the picture. He then stands by the front door whining for about 10 minutes waiting for the bus. I sang, danced, read a book etc..trying to settle him down in anyway. I had to force his medicine down his throat and finally the bus came. He hauled himself out the door, walked up the steps of the bus, sat in his seat and gave me the biggest grin! What a little stinker!! He waved his happiest and most energetic wave to send me off. I least I get to see him happy for a moment. :)
Carter is sad today because he doesn't have school on Wed. He then informed me they will also miss Friday this week.
I love that my children love school, but sometimes I wish they would say, "Mom, do I have to go today, I love being home with you." (of course with their most pathetic looking puppy eyed faces possible) I know, I know, get real mommy dear! At least I know that they are being treated well, and have friends that care about them. I understand it could be so much worse.

Today in Seminary we talked about Abram(later called Abraham) and the beginning of him making covenants with the Lord.
Lesson about teenage boys: They giggle if you talk about someone getting pregnant in the scriptures, the phrase multiply and replenish the earth, and apparently also about animal sacrifice.
In Genesis 15: 9-12, you learn about Abram's part in making a covenant with the Lord through animal sacrifice. It is a pretty detailed account of the event, so easy to visualize..hence the laughing. A topic that could have taken 3 minutes took 10 because of all the distraction. I can't win some days. They are either too tired to make a noise of any kind, or they are so awake that they are just silly! These boys that I teach are very smart and at least they are laughing and having fun while studying the scriptures. I could look on the greener side of the pasture. I believe they did understand the essential part in making covenants with the Lord, even in our day. Making sure that we have power over Satan and not the other way around. So today's lesson we can call a success, despite the distractions.

2 comments:

Denise Christiansen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise Christiansen said...

opps i forgot something so i deleted the last comment. i was saying that i think its great that you are loveing your sem class and that you can do it. maybe you can help me with my talk on ruth and naomi next week for yw in excellence. bringing out the value of faith.